Friday, September 22, 2017

DAY 21 & 22

No post for Day 21 because we couldn't get into the house yesterday! The wooden door was just dead bolted and I couldn't understand why... it was shut tight and I couldn't move it one bit. I went last night and discovered this, and again this morning but it was the same situation. I was wondering how the workers were going to get in. I didn't hear any news throughout the day so I assumed that it was not a problem for them. Can't fathom what happened though and why I cldn't open it. 
We went to see the progress today at around 6pm and one worker was still there, cleaning himself up at the tap, wiping himself down and changing his shirt. I asked him about the door but he didn't seem to know of any problem opening it. So what we saw today was the sum of two days' work. All the walls, except for a few smaller ones in the kids' rooms, have been plastered. It's unbelievably nice and smooth and it looks like it's the original walls. Things are moving on nicely...
The pieces of gypsum (calcium sulfate dihydrate) boards were covered by hard plaster which has a very smooth finish. All the joint lines from the boards were covered.
The airconditioning piping and trunking has also been laid.
The compresser will be placed outside the master bedroom. I've always wondered how they install the bracket that supports the compressor outside of the unit. I did not witness this installation but I will ask the aircon guys if I get the chance. This was shot from Em's bedroom window.
Another view from the master bedroom.
The brackets are very well supported from inside the master bedroom. The bolts used are pretty big.
Can you see the smoothness of the walls? I also notice that at every corner, PVC plaster wall angles or corner beads to protect the drywall plaster are used. This gives is a very clean and straight edge on all the beams and wall corners.
A close-up of what these wall angles or corner beads look like. Once it's plastered over, you can barely see it. And after wall painting, it will be fully concealed. 
Such smoothness! I love it!
The storeroom walls have also been plastered. 
The soffit above all room windows from where the day and black out blinds will hang.
The pocket door wall between the girls' rooms looks ready to be plastered. This is the view from Meg's room.
The aircon trunking is sooooo thick. Wish we could conceal that too.
Waterprrofing test being done in both bathrooms. The bathroom is flooded with a few inches of water and left standing for a few days. The workers will then visit the unit below us to check if there's any leakage. The problem is that they haven't been able to get the neighbour to open their door. They're either not in, or don't want to open the door to strangers. I have to try to talk to them by Sunday because the guys want to check for leakage on Monday morning. 
Our kitchen bathroom floor tiles. We got tiles with a rough surface, so that there's still friction when wet. I hope they turn out to be a good choice. 
This was my only grouse from the visit. I was generally happy with what I saw, but this wall bothered me because I could immediately see the fault in it. Can you spot it?
The beam or ceiling height at the what-used-to-be-balcony area is not even. One side seems to be 'thicker' than the other. Even though this is the original form the structures came in, I hope that Mr Seah can do something about it.


No comments: