Friday, September 8, 2017

DAY 10


It's hard to photograph after sundown but it looks like there's not much choice since it's almost impossible for us to get there before 7pm before the light goes. It's down to the phone light and the torchlight to illuminate the scene for some photos. A set of drawings have been put up on the walls as a visual reference for the workers I suppose. However one of those drawings is inaccurate as it's from a design that we changed in the end. I hope they know it! It's quite a thrill to open the door every evening, not knowing what we're going to see on the other side. It's become a little game where we try to spot the new elements.
Some plumbing work's been done. This is where the water heater storage tank is going to be located. I called AO Smith today to try to arrange for delivery of the tank on Monday. Luckily, they had an open slot. Otherwise the usual lead time is 2 weeks for delivery and installation. I paid for them to install as well in case something goes wrong, I can still seek redress. If I have my contractors install it, the dealer may not honour the warranty. So best to get the dealer to install to ensure expert installation and warranty thereafter.
One of the issues at the design stage was how to power our reclining sofa which is a piece of 'floating' furniture, a standalone in the middle of the room, with no power point to plug the power for the reclining mechanism to. Then I saw that my designers had designed a power point placed at the side of an island with no trace of an electrical trunking so I knew it was possible. The solution: Drill a channel in the floor that would accommodate a pipe to pull the power cord through. I have no idea how they are going to do this but since they've done it before, I'll leave it in their good hands!
The new walls where one of two entrances to the study is located has been erected. The storeroom is on the left. The pocket door and air-conditioning units will be installed where the opening is right now.
The beginnings of electrical work starting. These pipe casings are up on the ceilings. If you look carefully, you can see the word 'Fan' marked on the ceiling at the top of the frame and another X in a circle.

No comments: