Sunday, September 10, 2017

DAY 11 & 12

We decided to drop in on Sunday to show the kids how much work has been done so far. I was sure they would be tickled by the demolition of the wall between their rooms and wanted them to see it. When we arrived, we noticed that the lock was not attached to the gate. Someone was inside the house. We opened the door to find three chaps working on the electrical wiring. I didn't know that there would be work done on a Sunday! I spoke to the man in charge there and he said they could only do 'quiet' work on weekends as our neighbours would definitely complain if they so much as heard a knock or a drill. So laying out the electrical cables was a quiet enough job to be done on a Sunday. The kids soaked in everything they saw but of course gave their own comments here and there. The electrical guys said they would work the entire day until about 6pm. I wish I'd known they would be there. I would've brought some snacks for them. 
This was what we saw when we walked in. Wires and conduits dangling from the ceiling.
They had to know precisely where our fittings are to be able to lay the cables.
The living room will have 11 Hue downlights and a pendant light for the dining table.
That wall is still there!
The boss working in the master bedroom.
He explained that he was helping his brother with his electrical business and they do work on weekends and Sundays when required.
An insulated aircon tube has been lodged in the floor of the study to carry water away from the aircon unit to the drainage pipe in corner of the balcony. While I appreciate the effort to conceal the pipes so that it looks neater, I belong to the old school who's a bit nervous about concealing everything because it's going to be a real hassle (and expenditure) if the concealed pipes give trouble in the future.
Gypsum boards for the false ceiling have been brought in. They are pretty heavy and I wonder how they are going to erect and support the weight of these boards!
Emma staking her claim on her territory.
When we purchased the water heater, they provided a 3metre long cable to connect the water storage tank to the digital temperature control panel. I had my doubts that 3m would be enough, looking at the drawings in the plan and also physically looking at the bathroom. If we required more than 3m, they would charge $80 for a 10m long cable. I tried to ask my contractor if he could extend the 3m wire if it wasn't enough, to save me the extra money. I left the bag with the 3m long cable for the heater guys to install on Monday.
A family outing.

No comments: