Thursday, October 12, 2017

DAY 33

I didn't know what to expect today but it's reasonable to expect some work to be done daily, however little. But what I saw this morning when I went to the apt stunned and bewildered me. My nicely tiled floor was GONE! It was hacked away and the house looked like it did two weeks ago. When I arrived at the foot of the block, I saw two huge bags of debris, exactly like the ones I photographed and posted when they cleared the debris from the house two weeks ago. I thought to myself: this can't be from our unit because there wasn't that much debris left to fill these two humongous bags. So for a moment, I wondered if there was another unit undergoing renovations but I was doubtful. I didn't think much about it and proceeded upstairs. I hadn't noticed as I was opening the gate that my nicely done flooring (part of it anyway) was gone. I did a double take after I opened the gate and faced a bare, empty, raw floor. I couldn't understand what had happened to warrant such a drastic action of re-hacking the floor again. The contractor had applied for another hacking permit from the HDB for works from 11 - 13 Oct. I msged the contractor to ask what happened but he did not reply to me. Hrrmphh! What's happening?!
I can almost hear my neighbours groan.
Crazy lah! 
The debris bag is ginormous.

No comments: