Friday, October 6, 2017

DAY 31

The tiled floor has been covered with corrugated paper to protect it, and a few other things done, but the work seems to have slowed down yet again. The contractor has a work schedule showing a time table of what work's to be done by what day. I think he's a little behind on the tiling works but will leave it to him. They don't follow the work schedule to a T. In fact on days that I've bought some snacks for them thinking they will be there, according to the work schedule, they aren't. So I've wasted money and food on two occasions. On the first one, I gave the curry puffs and fried dough fritters to some grass cutters at work downstairs. I'd heard them from upstairs. On the second occasion, I left the buns on the public seating downstairs my block, hoping someone would take them. 
The now covered 'red carpet'.
A piece of wood on the curb separates the bathroom from the kitchen...
... and the master bedroom. I believe this wood will be painted white...
TOTO WC in our master bedroom bathroom.
The air-conditioning piping has been tidied up in the storeroom. 
The tiles have been moved to the storeroom for the time being.
It's nice and neat in the rooms now, save the electrical wiring.
All that remains is to install the air-conditioning units.
Em's room has the least amount of electrical trunking. Meg's room has them running along the bottom, just above the skirting.
I used to buy soft drinks like chrysanthemum, green and lemon tea for the workers but I think water is best so I left a carton of it and will replenish once they finish it. This is the second carton (left). 
The living room floor has been swept clean of debris in preparation for tiling.
The dismantled door was placed in the study. Our new door will need to have a closer too otherwise there won't be a warranty on the the digital locks. The constant slamming of the door without a closer will damage the sensitive locks so that's a condition the lock retailer set. I've asked around and it seems it's the same with other lock providers. 
View from the study.
One more thing they've done is covered the water and gas piping in the kitchen.
As at October 5, 2017, after 31 days of work.

No comments: