Saturday, October 14, 2017

A Minor Bump

So the reason why work had slowed down was because the contractor had to apply for another permit to hack the tiles and was awaiting for it to be approved. And the reason why the laid tiles had to be hacked is because there was a "tile porosity issue. There was tonality difference after the tiles had been laid." I didn't notice it because the tiles were covered up with corrugated paper to protect them but I'm glad they rectified it. I would've noticed it later anyway so I'm glad they did it before I saw it! So the tiles that had been laid out on the study floor in my Day 34 post were the new replacement tiles. I didn't know it at the time and when we went today realising that these were the new ones, we examined them carefully and noticed they're very smooth, unlike the original ones, which we prefer. The original ones had a slight texture to it, and offered a little more friction. These new ones are almost the same in colour and tone but very very smooth. It will be dangerous when wet. We would've preferred the original tiles and I asked my ID if it was a batch issue that had the tonality problem and if we could just replace the batch. She said the supplier could not guarantee that replacing the batch of tiles would eliminate the problem. So to avoid any risks, my IDs decided to change the tiles altogether. We would've been more comfortable with the original ones but I guess there's no choice. The smoothness of the tiles is acceptable if used in the living room, I suppose, but definitely not in the kitchen nor the bedrooms. Just to avoid more delays and hassle, we decided to go with it.

No comments: