Sunday, January 10, 2010

Yet Another One...

I got into another accident last Thursday, and again, it wasn't my fault. I was turning onto Ang Mo Kio Ave 1 from Bishan Road, and when I saw a Peugeot 207 approaching fast, I stopped at the junction, and lo and behold, I took a hit from the rear, causing the car to surge forward about a metre. I got out of the car to inspect the damage and it turned out to be significant. An SMRT taxi hit me, and we both knew it was his fault. Of course he tried to say that I stopped suddenly, and that in fact, I could've gone ahead to turn. I never heard of a more ridiculous claim. I said he shouldn't have assumed I was turning. How could I when a car was fast approaching from my right? This whole incident has inconvenienced me greatly. I've had to rely on public transport for the past three days and while it's a refreshing change taking the MRT and bus, I still love having my car and being extremely mobile. Last Thursday was a memorable day for me. I received some good news only to be marred by this mini accident. But I won't let this incident ruin it for me. Nevertheless, these two events will always be linked in my memory. Thank God no one was injured. Fender Bender. The whole rear bumper was affected.

That little stud sticking out is the reverse sensor.
The taxi suffered minimal damage.

No comments: