Monday, January 4, 2010

Kids In Uniform

MJ's friend TL had a brainwave idea to get the kids together for a group pix in their respective school uniforms the day before they start school. All three of them, Reuben, Bryan and Meg begin their 15-year academic career today, in few hours' time. I think we parents are more excited and anxious about this than the young 'uns. It's with anticipation and trepidation that I "release" her into an environment where she begins her journey to independence. We've prayed for His guidance and watchful eye. I know this is one of the many moments to come when, as a parent, you know you can't control what happens out there. Once they're out of their 'shelter', there's no turning back. They'll be exposed to influences, good and bad, and we just hope and pray that our love and values will keep them on the straight path. Gosh, I know I sound like she's going off to college or something, but I do feel this sense of vacuum inside. At the same time, I know I can't keep her under my wingspan forever. There's a whole world out there that's beckoning to them and all we can do is watch them fly and hope that they soar...
So many cameras but she still looks at mine! :0)
I now see "kiasu parents" in a different light...cos I'm turning out to be one of them...!
(L-R): Reuben, Meg, Bryan and Kelly, who's going on to Pr 2.
Camaraderie...

No comments: