Sunday, March 14, 2010

Bangkok - Day 1

Our dinner at the food court of Siam Paragon, just a stone's throw from our hotel. Meg had such a thrill having dinner 'at underwater world', she called it.

We arrived in the evening, after our flight was delayed by an hour due to heavy air traffic at Changi. With all the media reports about how the Red Shirts are going to bring the city to a standstill, I have to say I was a little anxious and could hardly sleep last night. We'd decided that we would make the trip anyway, as I was looking forward to it, and so was Meg. We'd paid for everything anyway. On our way in from the airport, we did not see a single red shirt. I suppose they are avoiding the touristy areas for now, and Yen says it might be the calm before the storm. We're monitoring the situation via the internet, thank goodness our hotel provides free internet in the room. I brought my camera gear and we'll see what happens tomorrow. We are planning to spend the day at Chatuchak though, and I'm not sure if the shops there will be open but I think they will. I want to see some red shirts at least!
Knocked out after a day's travel.

No comments: