Friday, April 10, 2009

Cycling

It was the latest craze at the office for awhile...but I'm not one who is likes to do 'groupy' things. I prefer to do it either alone or with no more than 2 to 3 people at a time. I'm talking about cycling of course. I've rediscovered the joy of cycling. I used to do it quite a bit when I was in college. I remember cycling around my mum's place at AMK and on a few occasions, I joined my cycling pal Sandra Klass on a food ride to Jalan Kayu for their famed roti prata.
I only rekindled this joy of cycling after the talk in my office was 'cycling, cycling, cycling'...and since it's one of the activities I enjoy, plus the fact that I haven't exercised in years, I decided to get off my big butt, go fix my bike, get a car rack and head down to East Coast to ride along the park connector. I rode about 13km at a leisurely pace on my first trip, then about 29 km on my second. When I can't make it down to East Coast, I ride in the Punggol area.
Thanks to Joyce for recommending me the Selle Italia saddle which she said 'changed my (her) riding experience'. I got the ladies pro gel model and it's fantastic. No more butt aches! I hope I can keep this up. Next up...badminton.My $137 Selle Italia Lady Gel Pro saddle.
A hazy view of the city skyline from the Bedok jetty along East Coast one late afternoon.

No comments: