Monday, November 23, 2009

Ear Piercing

In the past year, Meg's taken to putting on 'earrings'...in sticker form. She looked quite nice in them and has been pleading for me to let her have her ears pierced, thanks to her friend Elizabeth at school, who recently got hers pierced and thus, Meg's insistence that she follow suit. So since it's the holidays and I did promise her that I'd let her do it after her K2 graduation concert, the day finally came and although she was rather afraid, she plucked up her courage and will surely and proudly tell you, if you ever ask her about it, that she didn't cry and it was not as painful as she'd expected it to be. I must say she was pretty brave but you take a look at the pictures and judge for yourself if her eyes glimmered with a little hint of a tear? Shh...I don't want to ruin her self-pride for putting on a brave front. The new earrings look nice on her. Shows what a 'hiao' girl she is (definitely not from my genes), to want to do this at such a young age, overcoming all fear and anxiety in the name of 'vain-ness'! Ah...but better now than later, cos I think kids tend to handle pain better than adults!
Notice her hand clutching for support...

Operation Pierce takes place.

The cringed look. Is it over? Still trying to decide if that was painful or not.

It wasn't so bad!!!

"I feel pretty...Oh so pretty!"

Goodbye to sticker earrings!!! Uh-oh, how am I going to sleep on my side tonight?!

1 comment:

lea's blog said...

so pretty! i think she's brave throughout!