Saturday, January 22, 2011

40

I recently hit this number of years of existence and, like most people who hit it, I was not thrilled. Middle age. The BIG FOUR-O. Mid-life crisis. Closer to 50. All these thoughts floated through my mind. I've never been one to bother much about my own birthday nor what age I am. But somehow, turning 40 got me melancholic and a little depressed.
You know you've hit 40 when...
01. Your preferred radio station is 90.5 instead of 95.00
02. You've given up on that dream waistline
03. You start worrying if you've got enough money for retirement
04. You can't read anything that's closer than an arm's length
05. Getting out of your car is an effort after you've driven for more than half an hour
06. Getting out of your seat in the office is an effort after you've sat down for more than half an hour
07. You dare not jump down from a ledge that's more than two feet high
08. There's no hope of people calling you sister when you buy food from the hawker centre. It's now always auntie...
09. You try not to look at yourself in the mirror too much
10. You start upping your insurance...
11. You don't bother plucking your white hairs anymore
Sigh...40...the only bright side of it is...at least I'm not 41 yet!

No comments: